Van Ness Feldman has one of the largest and most experienced renewable energy practice teams in the country, representing developers, owners, investors, utilities, and other market participants in all renewable technology sectors, including onshore and offshore wind, thermal and PV solar, geothermal, biomass, waste, conventional and emerging hydropower technologies, biofuels, and related infrastructure facilities.
The firm helps clients navigate legal and regulatory requirements, advocates on tax and other federal policies, assists with permitting and development of facilities, and provides insight into funding and investment opportunities associated with renewable projects. Our range of counsel includes:
- Legislative and Executive Branch policy strategy, advocacy, and analysis;
- Purchase and Sale negotiations and documentation;
- Project development and structuring, including joint venture, partnership, and other participation agreements;
- Power Sale, Fuel and Feedstock Supply, and other Project Agreements;
- Regional power market participation;
- Project risk evaluation and due diligence;
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approvals, permits, and compliance;
- Environmental (including NEPA) permitting and compliance;
- Federal financial assistance and incentive programs;
- Guidance and advocacy on federal tax incentives;
- Federal electric transmission line siting;
- Use of federal and tribal lands; and
- Monetization of renewable and emission reduction credits.