Executive/Legal Assistant - Government Relations/Public Policy Practice - Washington, DC
The firm is seeking a candidate to work with three Principals and two Attorneys in the firm’s Government Relations and Public Policy practice. The candidate must possess the ability to prioritize, multi-task, demonstrate attention to detail, and work well in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will also have strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing administrative support such as event preparation and management, schedule conference calls, scheduling travel, managing calendar(s), recording time and expenses, document production, drafting and editing letters, preparing PowerPoint presentations, and research, writing and synthesizing of substantive information.
The candidate will type at least 50 wpm and be proficient with Microsoft Office. Prefer completion of undergraduate degree. Previous government affairs, public policy or coalition experience will be considered. Previous law firm experience is not required.
Benefits include health, dental, 401(k), and profit sharing plan. EOE. Click here to apply.
Executive/Legal Assistant - Washington, DC
The firm is seeking an Executive/Legal Assistant candidate with strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing administrative support such as event preparation and management; scheduling conference calls; scheduling travel; managing calendars; recording time; recording expenses; drafting and editing documents; preparing PowerPoint presentations; and coordinating filings. The candidate will type at least 50 wpm and have proficiency with Microsoft Office. The candidate must possess the ability to prioritize, multi-task, demonstrate attention to detail, and work well in a fast-paced environment. Prefer completion of an undergraduate degree. Previous experience as an executive assistant preferred. Previous law firm experience is not required.
Benefits include health, dental, 401(k), and profit sharing plan. EOE. Please provide your resume here.
Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator, Downtown Seattle Law Firm
With offices in Seattle, Bay Area, Denver and DC, Van Ness Feldman is a leading law firm focusing on energy, environmental, and natural resource law. VNF seeks an excellent Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Marketing and Business Development Department. This position requires high-level computer skills, with superior knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; excellent written and verbal communication; ability to conduct market research; and familiarity with graphic design and social media/web content. Ideal candidate will be highly adaptable, proactive, and team-oriented.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general office and administrative support
- Draft and proofread documents, correspondence, memoranda, and charts/tables
- Schedule, prioritize, and manage calendars, and assist with meeting coordination
- Plan firm functions, both internal and external
- Support HR activities, including recruiting and onboarding
- Conduct research for marketing and business development initiatives
- Support marketing department with publications, conferences, proposals, and internal and external communications
- Handle special projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, with marketing/communications degree preferred
- 1+ years of administrative/office experience, law firm experience a plus
- Superior proofing and editing skills
- Team-oriented approach
- Fierce attention to detail
- Exceptional organization skills
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
Competitive benefits package including vacation, health, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing plan. Salary DOE. EOE. Please provide a cover letter and resume through Van Ness Feldman Portal. No phone inquiries, please.