Pipeline Safety Attorney - Washington, DC or Remote
Van Ness Feldman seeks a mid-to senior level attorney (4+ years out of law school) to join the firm’s pipeline safety practice. Pipeline safety presents dynamic and challenging issues before the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration and state regulators. You will help operators of gas and petroleum product pipelines and LNG facilities apply complex and often technical regulations to real-life circumstances, with the goal of ensuring regulatory compliance and continued safety of facilities. Pipeline safety issues arise in a variety of circumstances, from helping a client properly classify its pipelines and ascertain their jurisdictional status, to identifying compliance issues and assessing risk during acquisition due diligence. You also will also help clients prepare for inspections and audits and resolve and often enforcement actions in order to ensure due process and achieve fair and safe outcomes. In almost all of these matters, you will work alongside in-house attorneys, the client’s engineering and operations staff, and senior management. You also will interact with federal and state regulators.
For this position, Van Ness Feldman is looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience with federal or state pipeline safety regulations and issues
- Desire to help clients obtain creative solutions and outcomes
- Strong legal research skills that reflect an appreciation for the patience required to understand detail and nuance
- Strong writing skills that reflect the ability to translate complex legal and technical concepts in a plain, understandable way
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with an existing, collegial team of attorneys
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A desire grow professionally and to sustain and build a practice
The preferred location for this position is the Washington D.C. office, but can be remote.
Van Ness Feldman employees receive a competitive benefits package including health, dental, 401(k), and profit sharing plan. EOE. Click here to apply. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Real Estate Partner/Partner Group
Van Ness Feldman's Seattle office is seeking a lateral partner or partner group to join our real estate practice. Candidates must have a portable book of business representing buyers, sellers, and developers in transactions involving all sizes and types of real estate transactions. We are looking for someone who is eager to join our very active real estate practice, is comfortable in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment, and who enjoys being part of a collaborative and diverse culture that supports our firm values. With offices in Seattle, Washington D.C., the Bay Area, and Denver, the team supports development projects across the country in such varied industries as energy infrastructure, public and private utilities, corporate real estate development, residential development, transportation, natural resources, and ports/industrial facilities.
Confidential inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Real Estate Attorney
Van Ness Feldman is seeking an experienced real estate attorney to join our Seattle team. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of substantive experience in commercial, industrial, and residential development, including drafting and negotiating complex documents related to the acquisition and disposition of property, and financing / loan transactions. Candidate should have experience coordinating due diligence reviews (including title and survey) and closings.
We are looking for someone who is team-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate should display passion for working hard, take initiative in a fast-paced environment with motivated and collegial colleagues, and enjoy being part of a collaborative and diverse culture that supports our firm values.
Skills and Qualifications Include:
- Representing buyers, sellers, and developers in transactions involving all sizes and types of real estate transactions;
- Performing and coordinating due diligence in the acquisition and financing of real estate for investment, development, occupancy, sales, leasing, and collateralization;
- Representing clients in negotiating and closing on acquisition financing, construction financing, and permanent financing;
- Assisting and coordinating with clients in working with local city and state officials across the country with respect to compliance matters related to the development, redevelopment, and use of property.
- The ideal candidate will have outstanding academic credentials, a strong work ethic, a logical and analytical thought process, excellent organizational, drafting, writing and research skills, as well as the ability to establish strong client and peer relationships.
Applications including a cover letter and resume can be sent to email@example.com