Van Ness Feldman is committed to promoting diversity within our firm, our profession, and our larger community. At Van Ness Feldman, diversity encompasses a wide range of characteristics and life experiences, including gender, age, race, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, political affiliation, marital status, physical ability, military and government experience, education, and family relationships. The firm’s goal is to maintain a work environment where the unique attributes, perspectives, backgrounds, skills, and abilities of each individual thrive and contribute to our collective success. To that end, the firm has established a 1L Diversity Clerkship.
The Clerkship is open to highly motivated first‐year law students from diverse backgrounds who have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership ability.
Requirements to Apply:
- Undergraduate and law school transcripts (if your law school grades are not yet available, please apply and forward when available)
- A brief personal statement addressing what diversity means to you and why you are interested in Van Ness Feldman
- Two professional references
- A letter of recommendation from a law school professor
- A legal writing sample that has not been edited by others
Please click here to apply.
Questions about our 1L program may be directed to DiNoua Avery, Recruiting & Diversity Coordinator, at (202) 298-3713 or email@example.com, Lisa Pavia, Director of Business & Professional Development, at (202) 298-1899 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or any member of the firm’s Diversity Committee.