Mid-Level Electric Associate - Regulatory - Washington, DC
The firm is seeking a mid-level associate (3-6 years of experience) with demonstrated electric regulatory experience. The ideal candidate has aptitude for detailed work on energy regulatory and policy matters, particularly the interpretation and application of the Federal Power Act to wholesale markets and bulk transmission system operations.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Foundational knowledge of the Federal Power Act, the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act (PURPA) and other federal energy laws
- Experience in administrative litigation and settlement matters before FERC
- Knowledge of, and experience with: (i) FERC cost-of-service ratemaking policies and practices; (ii) open access transmission service and interconnection matters; (iii) market-based rate authorizations; and (iv) market rules for wholesale energy, capacity and ancillary services
- Experience with negotiation of power purchase and capacity agreements
- Knowledge of FERC’s Standards of Conduct
- Strong analytical research and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
Experience before state utility commissions also is highly valued.
To apply for this position please click here.
Junior Land Use Associate: Seattle
The Seattle office of Van Ness Feldman LLP is seeking an entry-level land use associate to join our dynamic team. Candidates should have 1-2 years’ experience in permitting; regulatory due diligence, compliance, and enforcement; strong familiarity with the Growth Management Act (GMA), Shoreline Management Act (SMA), and the State Environmental Protection Act (SEPA); and with state, local, and federal government administrative hearings & appeals, including related litigation in both state and federal court. Superior analytical, drafting, client communication skills, sense of humor, and Washington State Bar are required. Confidential inquiries can be sent to Saira Rhodes at email@example.com
Real Estate Partner/Lateral Associate: Seattle
The Seattle office of Van Ness Feldman LLP is seeking experienced real estate attorneys to join our dynamic team. For more than 40 years, our real estate group has been involved in some of the region’s most significant real property transactions, including acquisition, development, finance, commercial leasing, management of large due diligence evaluations, structuring of multi-property acquisitions, regulatory analysis, compliance, and mitigation. A portable practice and a historical track record of strong client relationships is desirable. Confidential inquiries can be sent to Saira Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org