Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator, Downtown Seattle Law Firm
With offices in Seattle, Bay Area, Denver and DC, Van Ness Feldman is a leading law firm focusing on energy, environmental, and natural resource law. VNF seeks an excellent Executive Assistant/Marketing Coordinator to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Marketing and Business Development Department. This position requires high-level computer skills, with superior knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; excellent written and verbal communication; ability to conduct market research; and familiarity with graphic design and social media/web content. Ideal candidate will be highly adaptable, proactive, and team-oriented.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general office and administrative support
- Draft and proofread documents, correspondence, memoranda, and charts/tables
- Schedule, prioritize, and manage calendars, and assist with meeting coordination
- Plan firm functions, both internal and external
- Support HR activities, including recruiting and onboarding
- Conduct research for marketing and business development initiatives
- Support marketing department with publications, conferences, proposals, and internal and external communications
- Handle special projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, with marketing/communications degree preferred
- 1+ years of administrative/office experience, law firm experience a plus
- Superior proofing and editing skills
- Team-oriented approach
- Fierce attention to detail
- Exceptional organization skills
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
Competitive benefits package including vacation, health, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing plan. Salary DOE. EOE. Please provide a cover letter and resume through Van Ness Feldman Portal. No phone inquiries, please.
Van Ness Feldman, LLP a nationally recognized law firm in the practice areas of energy, environment, litigation, land use, real estate, government relations, healthcare and Native American affairs with offices in Washington D.C., Seattle, and the San Francisco Bay area, seeks a Billing Specialist to work in the firm’s Washington, DC office.
The Billing Specialist will be the liaison between their assigned attorneys and the Billing Department by completing billing, accounts receivables, and collections. This position requires excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, detail oriented and strong organizational skills. This position will also submit invoices through various e-billing vendors and monitor e-bill client accounts to ensure the client invoices are accurate and successfully submitted in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Attorneys/Director of Billing to ensure complex billing arrangements, including multi-payer and delayed split billing, volume discounts, and alternative fee arrangements are followed prior to finalizing invoices.
- Facilitate the preparation and submission of budgets for specified matters and provide variance analysis to attorneys as requested.
- Coordinate and prepare the monthly distribution of pre-bills to partners for review and revisions.
- Monitor the completion of suggested revisions and finalization of invoices.
- Analyze invoices to ensure compliance with Firm policies and client guidelines
- Generate Work in Progress, Accounts Receivable, and On-Account reports. Also, track assigned attorneys’ inventories.
- Complete ad hoc billing requests as requested by attorneys.
- Research aging Work In Progress and Accounts Receivable balances and provide attorneys with thoughtful analysis regarding best course of action for balances.
- Review accounts receivables for collections and unallocated cash
- Occasionally handle client refund requests.
- Make corrections to time entries in Work In Progress, as needed.
- Ability to identify any issues/problems with billing assignments.
- Review client guidelines and work closely with the Billing Specialists and the Billing Partners Team to ensure compliance with billing guidelines and proper set up of matters; ensuring matters, rates, timekeepers and budgets are in place for e-billing prior to invoice submission.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to communicate special circumstances and status of resubmissions.
- Work closely with Billing Attorneys and secretarial staff to resolve issues with rejected invoices.
- Monitor external e-billing websites for invoice updates.
- Complete monthly filing of billing information.
The candidate must have a high school diploma and at least three years of billing experience at a law firm. The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Aderant experience is preferred, but not required.
The position is non-exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, 401(k), and pension plan. EOE.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking here.