You are invited to join Michael Platner, Senior Tax Counsel, for a discussion moderated by Shannon Angielski, Principal and Executive Director of the Carbon Utilization Research Council, regarding the proposed regulations for the §45Q Tax Credit for Carbon Oxide Sequestration.
The discussion will provide an overview of the opportunities for CCUS project developers and investors in light of regulations proposed to implement the tax credit.
Topics of discussion will include:
• Definition of Secure Geologic Storage
• Recapture of the Tax Credit
• Transferability of the Credit
• Life Cycle Analysis for Utilization
• Requirements for CCUS Contracts
• Opportunity to Provide Comments to the IRS and Treasury