Related Information For Washington, DC
Washington, DC 20007
Our Washington office, the firm's first, is home to our substantive and wide-ranging Federal regulatory and policy practices. More than 100 lawyers and government relations professionals focus on successfully resolving a range of energy, environmental and natural resources challenges for corporate, municipal and association clients from a number of industry sectors.
Among other projects, our professionals in Washington and Seattle work in seamless, coordinated teams to:
- Provide daily operational and regulatory guidance to electric utilities, as well as to natural gas, oil, and industrial products pipelines.
- Structure complex project development agreements and conduct investment and acquisition due diligence for traditional and alternative energy projects (including biofuel manufacturing and distribution infrastructure).
- Advocate for our clients' interests on Capitol Hill, in the Executive Branch agencies, and to other stakeholders such as industry trade associations, coalitions and non-governmental organizations.
- Secure environmental, land use, and other complex permits to enable the development of linear projects such as electric transmission lines or pipelines to proceed.
- Resolve intricate and often longstanding disputes where other firms lack the necessary substantive background, whether through arbitration or vigorous litigation or administrative proceedings, including appellate litigation.
Washington Insiders Who Know Your Business Inside and Out
Successful Federal practice - whether regulatory or legislative - relies on experience and relationships. Our Washington professionals offer clients the benefit of great quantities of both. We augment our Washington experience with pragmatic, in-depth understanding of how our clients' businesses operate gained from 35 years of focus on energy and environmental issues.
Nothing Secret About Our Service
We invite our clients to consider our office their base of operations when their business takes them to Washington. We offer fully equipped guest offices, conference room facilities for meetings, and available staffing support.