Department of Energy
NETL is actively seeking partnerships with operators to monitor environmental signals in order to develop: (1) independent datasets documenting environmental conditions from pre-development through production to provide the public with an unbiased perspective on the impacts of shale gas development; and
(2) the science and technology base for future strategies to ensure that adverse events can be avoided, or where not avoided, detected and appropriately mitigated.
Areas of Research include:
- Fugitive Air Emissions and Greenhouse Gases
- Produced Water Leak Detection
- Subsurface Migration of Gas and Fluids
- Evaluating Microseismic Activity and Ground Motion
Click here for FOA.