Related Information For Nancy McNally
Areas of Practice
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1981
Nancy Macan McNally
Nancy Macan McNally is a leading member of the firm’s government relations team. Her practice focuses on developing and managing government policy programs for Fortune 20 companies, municipal entities, trade associations, and national coalitions in the healthcare, environment, natural resources, and transportation sectors. Ms. McNally’s more than 25 years of experience includes working with clients to design, implement, and manage legislative and public policy strategies, and advocating on behalf of firm clients before Congress and federal agencies. She has substantial expertise in the areas of legislative strategy, grassroots and media initiatives, direct lobbying, public education, and coordinating comprehensive lobbying efforts among multiple organizations.
Select examples of Ms. McNally's experience include:
- Representing McKesson Corporation, the world's largest healthcare services company, on a wide range of health care policy issues before Congress and federal agencies for more than two decades.
- Serving as Executive Director of the National Endangered Species Act Reform Coalition (NESARC) since its inception in 1991. NESARC is the only broad-based national coalition devoted to seeking legislative and regulatory improvements to the Endangered Species Act. As Executive Director, Ms. McNally is responsible for developing and implementing legislative and public relations strategies and coalition management. She also serves as the coalition's spokesperson before Congress and the media.
- Serving as Deputy Executive Director of Consumers United for Rail Equity (CURE), a national coalition seeking improvements to federal rail policy.
- Representing Sonoma County Water Agency (SCWA) since 1999 on appropriations and environmental issues before Congress and federal agencies. The firm assisted SCWA with the establishment of the Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund and has successfully secured appropriations for the Fund in each of the past eleven years.
- Representing the International Bottled Water Association on a wide range of federal legislative issues that affect bottlers, suppliers, and distributors.
- Representing a coalition of public utilities on federal legislative issues, including energy, environment and tax issues.
- National Coal Association, Legislative Representative
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- American League of Lobbyists