Michael Weiner helps clients understand and shape the public policy landscape that affects their industries and policy goals. Michael assists clients in navigating federal policy pertaining to the environmental issues, energy, infrastructure, and technology development. He also serves as the Director of Coalition Services for the Carbon Utilization Research Council (CURC).
Michael advises clients on legislative and regulatory matters affecting their businesses by:
- providing Congressional and Executive branch monitoring, reporting, analysis, and advocacy;
- researching funding opportunities to advance clients' goals;
- coordinating with legislative and executive branch staff, officials, and regional business leaders;
- monitoring and evaluating policy developments and industry news; and
- crafting creative materials that strategically present complex information.
Before joining Van Ness Feldman, Michael served as an intern in the office of Wisconsin State Assembly Minority Leader Peter Barca in Madison, WI, where he worked on environmental, education, and transportation issues.
University of Wisconsin
B.A., Legal Studies & Political Science, 2013
Coal Utilization Research Council
Director of Coalition Services
Marine Energy Council
Wisconsin State Assembly
Intern for Minority Leader Peter Barca, 2013