Van Ness Feldman has helped navigate clients through some of the most complex, precedent-setting and controversial fisheries management issues of the day. Our clients participate in virtually all sectors of the commercial fishing industry, representing commercial fishing and fish processing companies, commercial fishing associations and coalitions, and Alaska Native enterprises on a range of matters, including:
- American Fisheries Act and Magnuson- Stevens Act implementation and compliance;
- Fishery management council proceedings;
- Limited entry permits and individual fishing quota issues;
- Commercial transactions, including the formation and management of fishing cooperatives;
- Regulatory compliance, including enforcement proceedings and litigation;
- Design and development of legislative strategies; and
- Regulatory accounting and financial reporting.