The firm has also been deeply involved in the following types of wetland and water quality representations:
- Led effort to obtain individual 404 Permit for thoroughbred race track, including analysis of alternative locations throughout Western Washington. Negotiated mitigation plan with local, state, and federal agencies involving 57-acre offsite mitigation site.
- Successfully appealed federal wetland jurisdictional determination for large residential master plan development, establishing isolated wetlands under SWANCC.
- Obtained Prior Converted Cropland status for clients developing projects on Kent agricultural lands.
- Successfully resolved wetland administrative order brought by EPA against developer of large lot subdivision. Negotiated EPA Consent involving multiple lot owners, which provided for additional wetland fill with an extensive plan for mitigation, restoration and preservation of wetlands. Work involved negotiations with U.S. Army Corps for Nationwide Permit 32, Washington Fish and Wildlife for after-the-fact HPA, and county agency for after-the-fact shoreline permit.
- Assisted developer of wetland mitigation bank in land use entitlement process and negotiation of Banking Instrument.
- Successfully obtained Section 404 individual permit in Sonoma County, CA for a large commercial shopping center development resolving federal and state environmental permitting issues, including Endangered Species Act compliance.